Monday, June 11, 2012

I Got Some Awards

A week and a bit ago I was given THREE awards by Jessica at Green PB&Js.









There are a few questions that accompany these awards and also a few guidelines for passing them on. After answering the questions, nominate a few blogs you think are deserving or that you'd like to encourage!


Questions:

Favorite Color -  Green.  It doesn't seem to matter what I do I'm drawn to green.  Recently I participated in a Secret Blogger Swap and received a pair of green earring that I adore!

Favorite Animal -  When I was a kid it was Panda Bears but as I've gotten older I find I don't have a "favourite" anymore.  Although, I really want seahorses.  It's super expensive to set up the aquarium and they're temperamental - you can't not feed them each day, which means we can't go anywhere or else I have to ask someone to feed my seahorses. 

Favorite Number -  7

Favorite Drink - Ice tea; I love the stuff.  For "adult" beverages it's a mojito.

Facebook or Twitter - Facebook.  I don't have a twitter account
.

My Passion - my kids. 

Giving or Getting Presents - giving


Favorite Day - My kids' birthdays.  I love the specialness of the day for them and reliving my memories from the day they were born.

Favorite Flowers - Lillies

Lillies I got one Mother's Day

Now for the awesome blogs I nominate!

~ Life as I Know It
~ Life on M Avenue
~ Mom to 8
~ Optimistic Slacker
~ The Grant Life
~ The Thriftiness Miss


Jessica also nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award - she was too kind to me :o)



THE RULES:
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer seven questions.
3. Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4. Hand the award on to 7 deserving others.

Q AND A:

#1. What is your favorite song?
Hmm... tough question. I would have to say 'Another Brick in the Wall' by Pink Floyd. The reason being it was one of the first songs I learned as a child (singing the completely wrong lyrics for years).

#2. What's your favorite desert?

Pavlova cake or black forest cake.
#3. What do you do when you are upset?
If I get really mad, besides yelling I'll clean. If I'm upset, like worked up over something, I clam up and stew for a bit. Once I unwind I'll talk about it, but there's no point trying to get me to talk about it before I unwind or else I get mad. 
#4. Which is your favorite pet?
The only pet I've ever had were cats. However, my dad had a rabbit, Thumper, when I was younger that I adored. We had a bond, I don't know why. It would sleep with me, which it never did with anyone else. I used to feed him the tips of my banana, and to this day I don't eat the bottom because it should be his. When he got sick and eventually passed away I was devastated. If I could find a Thumper, reincarnated, I'd be thrilled. 
#5. Which do you prefer, White or Whole Wheat?
Whole Wheat.
#6. What is your your biggest fear?
Biggest fear? Being alone. I'd hate to spend my life with no one.
#7. What is your attitude mostly?
A lot of the time, slightly moody. Life has been a bit more stressful than I'd like it to be and it's getting to me. Thankfully being able to work a bit has helped get me out of the house and a break from the every day. 

10 Random Facts about Moi:
  1. I don't eat Beef
  2. I don't like peanut butter but love peanut butter cups
  3. I work in a knife store and love it
  4. I love new calendars
  5. I make weekly menu plans to make my marriage easier. 
    When I was pregnant with Lynden we would go grocery shopping and want to buy nothing because it all looked unappealing.  When we got home I complained because we had no food.  Hence the menu.
  6. I actually enjoy taking transit to and from work; it's 30-45 minutes each way of peace and quiet while I actually read a book that does not have pictures in it.
  7. I enjoy the feeling of new socks.
  8. I had never read "Where the Wild Things Are" before I had Lynden
  9. I miss the Okanagan
  10. I don't eat croutons in my Cesar salad because it's wrong to have crunchy stale bread in a soft salad. 

The seven blogs I'm nominating (I'm choosing different blogs than above):
  1. Two in Diapers
  2. Framed Frosting
  3. This Little Mama
  4. Sneakers Over Stilettos
  5. Just Us Four
  6. Three Peas in my Little Pod
  7. Love Grows Wild

11 comments:

  1. awwww thanks! now how do i add those award buttons? and all 3? ps pandas were totally my fav animal growing up too... i was slightly obsessed..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all 3. I just right clicked on them to copy and paste them.
      Me too. I think we're kindered spirits; both liked Pandas, possibly same wedding dress... are you sure you're not just me ;o)

      Delete
  2. Oh, fun! So nice of you to think of me! So I pass on this award then...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to some of blogs you love. A great way to see what other people are enjoying

      Delete
    2. Yay, such a fun idea! :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Look at you. You have the trifecta of awards here. Congratulations. I loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! I can't wait to spread the love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all your fabulous awards!
    It was fun learning stuff about you. Like you with green, I'm drawn to anything blue. I wanted to paint our bedroom blue, but Hubs is afraid of color so it is boring beige. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fond of blues. I really wanted to paint our bedroom a blue-grey colour, but it's the same colour as our bedding and I thought it would be a bit much. Although, I'm tempted to paint our ensuite a bright turquoise.

      Delete