Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Looking For Co-Hosts

Last year my friend and blogger, Amber, did a wonderful fundraiser for the local food bank and I am going to steal borrow her idea. 

She called it "Cans for Comments". 

For a designated period every comment she received she would donate a can of food to the food bank. 

I would like to do it as a link up/blog hop starting around American Thanksgiving (Nov 22) until just before Christmas.  Ideally, I'd like to have different hosting bloggers for a designated time (a week or 2) so we can keep the donations going for almost a month. 

I do have a more detailed idea, which I will happily share (and take comments on) with anyone interested in joining me.  So, if you are interested in co-hosting please contact me here or email me at bluepens_30{at}hotmail{dot}com. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I'm friends with Dawn {Dawn's Disaster} and she forwarded me your email about the Cans for Comments event. I'm totally interested in helping you out with this. I'd offer to donate 5 cans of food for every 10 comments, and 1 toy for every 20 comments. My hubby's work does a Toys for Tots and our church collects canned goods during the holidays, so I can donate whatever items I raise to those places. Do you have a button made for this event? I'm excited :)

    BTW--following your blog now, too.

    Kera @ http://nuggetonabudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete