Monday, July 2, 2012

Resolution Update - June

Sorry, I ended up taking the rest of the week off from blogging.  I felt guitly for being away for 2 whole days and not really seeing the kids and my mind was still going over all the info from the Edge Expo that anything I wrote would have been about knives.  So, I decided to not stress and take the rest of the week off.

Now to my resolution.  I must say, as a month I'm impressed, even though I didn't manage my goal.  If you remember last month's update I already had $9.70 to be tossed, leaving me 30-cents for the month.  I threw out more than that but I'm still happy with the amount I tossed.

Food Wasted:

3 baby bok choy, a bag of beans, 2 chicken burgers, and 3 beef burgers = $6.30
Fridge cleaning =  $3
1 onion = $0.39
Celery = $0.67
2 pieces of coconut chicken = $0.74
3 potatoes = $0.43
1 kids meal = $1.50 (it was nasty and I don't blame Alyssa for refusing it)
Apple Fritter dough = $0.93
Another round of fridge cleaning = $5.50

Monthly Amount:

$22.46 - ok, I wish it was closer to the $10 but considering I started the month almost there I'm okay with it. 

Year to Date:


$104.79 - wow, I hit the $100 mark faster than I would have liked

Average Monthly Total:

$17.46 - I'd, ideall, like this to be closer to $10 but I am going to get a goal for an average of $15

Estimated Waste for a Year:

$209.58 - At this time of the year I'd like to keep it below $200 for the year. 

That's my monthly update. You can read about my previous months here

5 comments:

  1. What a great resolution! I need to look into this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people would be surprised to learn how much they actually waste. It also forces me to watch what is in my fridge closely

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by Me + the Moon! Following you back via GFC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your resolution! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846
    https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

    ReplyDelete