The more I think about getting a dog I start to realize I don't need one. Alyssa has a lot of the same characteristics:
- She comes when you call her
- She pees on the carpet (why must kids pee when you let them run around bare bummed?)
- She loves walks. The moment you tell her to get her shoes she's ready to go. If you take too long she pulls on you, screeches to get your attention, runs from you to the stairs to you to the stairs.
- She eats off the floor.
Now, please don't think I never sweep the floor and it's a disgusting mess. She can find the smallest scrap of food and it's instantly in her mouth. You'd think we never feed her how she reacts to finding food.
- She's so happy to see you if you've been behind a closed door for 30 seconds.
- She plays fetch
Don't judge, we've all done it!
- She follows you everywhere
- She responds to treats; no we don't make her sit and wait while we place it on her nose. She'd never stay still that long ;o)
- She carries toys around in her mouth
We don't encourage it; we take the toys out of her mouth and tell her no
- She runs in circles
- She mooches food every chance she gets
We DO feed her, I promise!
- She has a short attention span. "Ooh, a ball.... look a car.... mommy!... oooh, a ball..."
- She chews things
Again, a teething thing, and if it's not a toy of hers that is meant to used for teething we tell her no, and take it out of her mouth.
- She gives wet kisses that sometimes consists of licking
- We have to tell her to "get out of the garbage"
I swear, I watch my kids.
After writing this list I don't think I'm ready for a puppy. But I am ready to look at her cute face :o) (sorry for the not-so-great pictures)