Sunday, May 13, 2012

Being A Working Mama

I went back to work after Lynden's first birthday and it was a fairly easy transition for us.  Danny was home for the first 3 months and then we moved Lynden into my sister in law's daycare when Danny went back to school. 

Knowing he was in good hands allowed me to go to work each day easily.  Even though I would miss him during the day and would spend 3 hours driving each day to get him to and from daycare it was reassuring knowing he was safe, happy, and having a good time. 

After we had Alyssa we did the math and decided it made no sense for me to go back to work to basically be paying for daycare.  But after being home for almost 16 months I needed the break from them (it also allows Lynden to get used to not having me home all day when he starts preschool in the fall). 

We, again, are fortunate to be able to rely on family to help out on most the days that I work.  As unhappy as Lynden was with the thought of me going back to work (we went through a spell of accidents) he is thrilled to be able to spend the time with various grandparents, cousins, and a friend of ours.  (This week we had to find a replacement person to watch the kids when my friend ended up getting sick.  Lynden was beyond thrilled with our cousin watching him that he was upset that daddy came home early and she wasn't here anymore.  Danny had to bribe him with a new car)


I am enjoying being out of the house for a few hours a week (and enjoying my quiet reading time on the bus) but I find I am missing the kids.  A lot.  When I check the time I think "I wonder what the kids are doing right now", when I leave work I think about getting home to snuggle with them before they go to bed and hearing about their day.  I also wonder if they notice that I'm gone, since grandparents like to spoil them.

I don't know if it's just me getting used to actually being away from them or if it's because I've spent so much solo time with them (with Lynden Danny was home with us for almost 8 months before I went back to work).  I guess only time will really tell.

But there is nothing better than walking upstairs and being greeted by hugs, kisses, smiles, and cuddles. 

1 comment:

  1. good luck! I worked up until I ad my 6th baby...then there were too many phone calls from home to work...

    ReplyDelete