Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pinteresting Recipes

I've been showing you a lot of what I've been pinning, 97% of which I haven't done anything with.  So, I thought I'd show you some of the recipes I've actually tried from Pinterest.


Pinned ImageLazy Sunday Casserole

I don't think I made it on a Sunday, so I don't know if that's why something was missing from it.  I liked the fact that it's a one-pot dish (in theory easier cleanup right?) and we are big sausage fans in this house so I thought this would be a hit, but it wasn't.  Something was missing.  I don't even recall what "taste" was missing, maybe something acidic, but it needed something.

I don't know why I can't link it, so you can see it here



Pinned ImageCoconut Lime Sugar Cookies

These were Awesome!!  Lynden helped me make them and he discovered he likes coconut.  The cookies were light and highly addicting.  I was not upset that Danny did not like them, because it meant I could eat more of them.  I think next time I make them I'll add more lime and there will be a next time.





Pinned ImageCinnamon Roll Cookies
Another big hit.  Taste like a cinnamon roll but less time making them.  Granted, you do have to chill them for about 2 hours it's still less time than actual cinnamon buns.  I didn't add as much icing sugar as I should have so next time I'll add more.  Our downstairs neighbour and I exchange baking and he said his daughter just devoured them so I know she's waiting for the next batch.




Pinned ImagePumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

In case you haven't noticed we like cookies.  They're yummy and easy for Lynden to help make.  These were good.  The pumpkin was a nice treat in a cookie and these will be made again, but I will add more pumpkin.  Somewhere between mixing the dough, which smelled like pumpkin pie, and baking the pumpkin flavour took a back seat to the chocolate chips. 



Pinned ImageParmesan Pork Tenderloin

This was really good, although I don't think Danny liked it as much as I did.  The crusting was delicious.  I recommend using finely grated Parmesan instead of slivers, better for sticking, as well as dipping the tenderloin in egg before battering it in the cheesy breadcrumbs.  I highly recommend this entree.  It takes about 5-8 minutes to cook, serve it with some stuffing and a salad and dinner's done in less than 15 minutes. 




Pinned ImageZest Pork Chops

This was another good entree.  The apples and brown sugar complimented the pork nicely.  Since I cannot handle any spice (I mean hot stuff) I left out the hot sauce, which Danny added to his.  This is one we'll have again. 



Pinned ImageCheesy Meatball Subs

This was one of my first pins, a recipe I needed to archive because it's a huge hit.  The sauce is perfect for the meatballs, which I make from scratch instead of buying frozen.  My only suggestion is do no use ground sausage; not the same taste.  Since I don't eat beef we make this using ground pork.  It's great the next day too. 


Energy Balls

Pinned ImageThis is a recipe I actually pinned for my sister in law, he's big into healthy snacks.  I guess I should be too.  Lynden was bugging me to make something and I remembered this and made them.  They're pretty good, even though Lynden enjoyed making them more than eating them.  It needs a bit more wet ingredients so I suggest adding more peanut butter or honey.



Pinned ImageParmesan Honey Pork Roast (slow cooker recipe)

We had a roast and needed an idea so I pulled up good ol' Pinterest and found this recipe.  We quite liked it, even though you lose the Parmesan flavour.  The sauce was Amazing!!  We poured it over our side dishes as well. 



Pinned ImageCaramelized Chicken

It's so easy to get into a rut when you eat a lot of one meat, which for us is chicken.  It's hard to look at it and think of new and interesting things to do with it.  This glaze solved that.  It was great and caramelized Beautifully in the oven.  I think it's going to be a go to glaze and I can't wait to try it on pork chops, which we're having tonight for dinner.  They've been marinating since last night. 



Pinned ImageVanilla Cupcakes

This has been called the best recipe for vanilla cupcakes and I'm sure it is.  I made these for Alyssa's birthday and like every birthday if they look good they don't taste the best and if it does taste good it doesn't look good (the decorations, not the cupcake/cake).  Alyssa's cupcakes were pretty, which meant the cupcakes weren't great.  I found them to be dry, but I will try the recipe again since my oven is slightly off which could have been the cause of the dryness. 


What have you actually tried from Pinterest?  Anything you need to share with me?  I'm still looking for recipes to try for my cookbook

Follow Me on Pinterest


*******************************************************************

I'm also participating in the Hellocotton Blog Hop, come and join too!

The DIY Dreamer

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Makes me actually want to cook! LOL
    I also shared the link of my FB page!
    Have a great day Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! They all look delicious! :)

    xoxo
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! those all look great!

    Have a happy Wednesday! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete