Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What A Week

I ended up taking last week off from... well... everything.  Lynden had a Terrible viral infection and ended up having a fever for 5 days and throwing up for 6.  It sucked!  Around the time he started to get back to "normal" it was my turn. 

I tend to get super sick once every 5 years and it showed up about a year early.  Last Saturday I was so sick, fever included, that I slept almost 20 hours.  The longest I was able to stay awake was 45 minutes.  It was something else.  I spent the last week trying to eat, napping throughout the day, trying to cough up a lung, and doing a lot of nothing.  No cleaning, no cooking, no playing, no getting dressed, nothing.  For 6 long days I ate nothing but small amounts of soup and drank juice or water.  It really kicked my butt.

By mid week I was starting to feel a bit better but my energy levels just bottomed out.  Feeding the kids breakfast would exhaust me and by the time quiet time rolled around at 1 I was ready for a snooze - thankfully most of the week the kids napped for longer periods of time (an hour and a half to three hours!). 



I'm starting to eat again, which will hopefully increase my energy, and I'm hoping to be back to "normal" again. 

It's been 3 weeks since all these various sicknesses have entered the house and I am ready for all of it to be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment