Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mommy-Son Date

Back at Christmas Lynden was given 2 tickets to see a one man circus and Saturday we went.  Danny had to work so I happily agreed to take him.  I decided to make it a little more than just a show.  We've been having some behavioural issues with Lynden (not listening and a bit of aggression), which we think might be his way of letting us know he needs more one-on-one time with him, so I planned for lunch and a show. 

My grandparents picked Alyssa up around lunch time so Lynden and I went for lunch first.  We walked down to A&W (or "the W" as Lynden calls it) and enjoyed a nice lunch together.  We sat in a corner so we had lots of windows to look out of and car watch.  What can I say, my son's a car fanatic. 

After lunch we walked over to the mall, which is next to the theatre we were going to, and picked out a birthday card and gift (a hotwheel) for grandpa's birthday, which is where we were heading after the show. 


We arrived at the theatre a little early so we found our seats and answered Lynden's questions of "what's that?", "where's that noise coming from?", "why are those people walking there?", and so on.  He quite enjoyed the pre-show music and was "dancing with his bum" on the seat.  The women behind us found his dancing amusing.

I was a little worried about how Lynden was going to like the show but he really enjoyed it, as did I.  Some of the tricks were beyond cool and he was very funny.   The highlights for me were the tightrope walking and when he had the audience throw oranges at him, which he caught with a fork in his mouth while wearing a catchers mask. 

After the show we walked over to my grandparents to celebrate grandpa's birthday. 

It was really nice to be able to spend the time with Lynden without my attention being split and I know he really enjoyed it too.  Although when I ask him if he'd like to do it again he says, "yes, but with daddy". 

Maybe I need to spend more time with him...

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I love dates with my boy! I think it's so important to spend a little one-on-one time with each of my kids, but sometimes it's hard to squeeze it in when we're so busy!! The circus sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Show Some Love Linky Follower Fest Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete