Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stolen Moments With My Daughter

Lynden's been sick since Saturday, which has led to some fairly long naps for him.  On Monday he took a nap that was just under 3 hours, Alyssa did not nap for that long.  She was up and in a playful mood. It was really nice to just have a chance to watch her "play" without Lynden "helping". 

She spent a fair amount of time with Lynden's books, she would pick them up, turn them over, flip them over her lap, pick them up again, and try to get them to stand up.  It was nice to be able to watch her brain work as she tried to figure out how to get the books to do what she wanted them to do. 

At one point she spotted me watching her, to which she grinned and gave me a few grunts (meaning "I see you").  She would go back to her book project but look over every few moments to make sure I was still watching her.

After a bit she decided to come over and say hi.  It's so cute when she wants to go somewhere quickly so she puts her head down (I guess it helps with wind resistance, or something).  She made her way to me and wanted up, which I happily obliged.

Alyssa's in this new phase (which Lynden never went through) of pinching and she's really talented at pinching my neck with as little skin as possible, which causes the most pain possible.  After I picked her up she started to pinch, after a few warnings of "no" she pinched me again, but before I could do anything she stood up on my lap and gave me a kiss.  It was too cute to do anything. 

She's all about the "kissies" lately.  Granted they're open mouthed and sometimes she tries to lick you but they're still so cute.  It almost makes up for the fact she rarely cuddles. 

I enjoy these stolen moments of watching my daughter.  They are few and far between but I look forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment