Friday, November 18, 2011

Five Question Friday - Nov 18



1. Do you have a song that always puts you in a good mood?
"Make It Wit Chu" by Queens of the Stone Age



This is one of my favourite QOTSA songs.  It makes me want to dance around the house, which I have...many times.  Part of it is me picturing what Josh Homme playing this song.  I've seen them 3 times and when Josh Homme plays he dances and it's amazing.  It's going to sound gross but it's very hot, his dancing is like he's making love to his guitar.  OH.MY.GOD! 
I really should see them again...
I think I am going to spend the day listening to QOTSA!  It's a good way to get in the mood to see Feist tonight... right?

2.  Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake tree?
I'm a real Christmas tree kinda person, but we've had fake for years.  This year I tried to talk Danny into a real tree but I don't think I'm going to succeed.  Our fake tree is looking sad, so maybe if I point it out enough this year I can get a real tree next year. 

3.  What are you thankful for?
Family!  I know it's the easy go to answer but everyday I am so grateful to have them in my life.  I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

4.  What fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today?
I'm not sure.  I'm not fashionably inclined in any way.  I wish I was. 

5.  Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the tank?
No, I don't like the needle getting anywhere near the 'E'.  My last car was a 1991 Cavalier... and it was a P.O.S, but it was my first car (I've only been driving for 2.5 years) so it was what I knew.  Danny had told me many times if the fuel light came on I'd have so many KM before I had to get gas, but to go directly to a gas station. 
One day in the summer I was out in Vernon picking up Lynden from daycare, which would be fine except I knew I would be running low on gas by the time we got home and Danny had the bank card so I'd have to make it home before I could get gas.  At the time we were having serious issues with the coolant and the car overheating.  You could not idle at a light for 5 minutes or the car would be smoking.
Well, getting out of Vernon involves sitting at lights and I mistimed it, badly.  I was also in the left lane and you can't turn left off the main road in Vernon, so I had to cut across traffic to get off the road while the car was smoking.  (Lynden learned a bad word that day).  I was already flustered over this and wasn't thinking about gas until I got to the last light before home, which of course was red.  When the light turned green I really had to step on the gas to get the car to move... GREAT!  1 light from home and I might not make it.  To make things worse to get into our complex we had to turn left off the main highway, which can sometimes take 5 minutes for traffic to clear. 
The whole time I sat there I kept thinking "I am home, I can see the driveway, and I might not make it".  Finally there was a break in traffic and I could turn.  I put the pedal to the medal and the car chugged and chugged.  I'm over 1 of 2 lanes, with traffic coming at me, and the car's still chugging trying to decide if it's going to make it.  As traffic is getting closer the car finally decides it's going to go.
It was probably 5-6 seconds but it felt like 5-6 minutes. 
I never let it get to 'E' because the low fuel light never came on during any of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment