Monday, June 13, 2011

What's Cooking: Brownies

I'm not being conceited, but I make FANTASTIC brownies.  Many people can confirm that they are AMAZING! 

The last batch I made I forgot to spray the pan and it was this jumbled mess and I was so mad that I shoved it all into a Tupperware and told Danny to take it to work.  He came home with about a third left.  He told me he had it in the lunchroom and told guys to help themselves, no one really minded the mess of it since it was so good. 

A few weeks ago I bought the "key ingredient" (as I only buy it when I plan to make brownies in the near future) and today I decided I would make them.  Did I mention they are Fantastic and Amazing?

Brownies:

1 cup of butter, melted
3 cups of sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips (this is the "key ingredient" and I use chocolate chunks, chips are for wimps)

Combine butter, sugar and vanilla (I use my mixer for this recipe).  Add eggs, one at a time.
Sift together flour, cocoa and salt. 
Gradually add to wet ingredients.
Stir in chips (again, I use chocolate chunks and I add the whole bag -  they are not healthy in any way so I figure go big or go home)
Spread into your pan (even if it's non stick, spray it or line it with parchment paper, which is what I do.  It's hard to spread it evenly but I don't trust the spray)
Bake at 350 for 35-40 min

(I have no idea where I got this recipe, chances are it's another allrecipe.com recipe)

Lynden loves to help me in the kitchen, especially with baking.  He was such a good helper that he was rewarded with licking the mixer spatulas (in hindsight, I'm going to highly regret letting him to do that an hour before nap time).




No comments:

Post a Comment