Saturday, June 18, 2011

An Amazing Dad!

Danny is an amazing dad, he loves his kids more than anything in this world and not a day goes by that I am not thankful that he is the father to our children. 

From the moment we started trying to get pregnant with Lynden (it didn't take long) I knew he was going to be a wonderful dad.  He was excited from moment 1 and was head over heels in love with Lynden the moment he was born (as I might have mentioned here). 


Danny & Lynden's first photo

proud papa
When Lynden was a baby Danny was as involved as he could be.  He did bottle feedings, he paced with him in the middle of the night, he snuggled with him when he cried (Danny was a bigger softie when it came to crying than I was), he changed the poopy diapers, he did it all.

It's a wonderful thing to see Lynden's face light up when Danny gets home from work.

Even last fall when he was living back down in the lower mainland while Lynden and I remained in the Okanagan (until Alyssa was born) Danny made a point of coming up for Halloween, we didn't do anything overly exciting but he didn't want to miss out on watching Lynden experience it. 

It was tough on both of us, being apart and having to shuffle Lynden back and forth every other week, but Danny was determined to help keep our son's life as normal and loving as humanly possible.  It was harder on Danny being away than it was on Lynden (not because he didn't miss his daddy, but because he spent a lot of his time in his own environment and in his normal routine).  Even now, he hates being away from him for a night. 

a day at the beach
learning at the Aquarium
hugs!
walking in the park
after a day at the park

Danny missed a lot of the end of my pregnancy with Alyssa but was determined to make it for her birth.  It was a whirlwind of a day (I'll blog about it closer to her birthday) but he made it.  I am so glad he did (I would have been heart broken if he had missed it and I think it would have further scarred my sister for life if he hadn't made it in time). 


daddy and daughter

I find it so sweet that Danny has made up a song just for his daughter (I don't know anything about the song, just that he sings it to her when I'm not around).  It took her some time but she's finally realized that her daddy's ok too and gives him big smiles when she sees him. 
Our children are so blessed to have such a loving, wonderful and all around amazing dad.  (I hope they can appreciate how lucky they are later in life).  He is the best daddy in the world.

To all the wonderful dad's out there, Happy Father's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment