Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's Cooking: Chicken Fingers and Oven Fries

I have been saying I was going to make homemade Chicken Fingers most of April and after enough delay last night I made them for the first time.  They turned out well and we decided it's a keeper recipe.

Chicken Fingers (serves 3-4)

1lb. Chicken Breast, cut into strips
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs (made myself - take the crusts of bread that I had frozen and tossed them into the Magic Bullet)
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp oregano, paprika, basil

Put flour into 1 bowl, eggs into another, and in a third bowl mix breadcrumbs, cheese and spices. 
Roll chicken in flour, then in the eggs and coat with breadcrumbs.
Bake at 450 for 6-8 minutes a side.

**I got this recipe from a cookbook my sister in law has - when she gets back from Disneyland I'll ask her for the name

Oven Fries (serves 2)

3 medium baking potatoes (can also use sweet potato), not peeled
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Cut potatoes lengthwise in half, then cut each half lengthwise into thirds.
Lay on baking sheet (use cooking spray or they will stick) and coast with oil, salt and pepper.
Bake at 425 for 45 min turning occasionally, or until tender

** This is a recipe from Good Housekeeping's "Light & Healthy Cookbook"

1 comment:

  1. You should try the chicken fingers from Deceptively delisous by Jessica Seinfeld. There is broccoli puree' mixed into it, and my picky eater loves it!

    ReplyDelete