Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

About 3 weeks ago Danny wanted to read in bed before we fell asleep.  I had just finished "100 Years of Solitude" (for the 6th time) so Danny offered to choose my next book.  He brought me 3 and I decided I should read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". 

That was the longest it's ever taken me to read a book of 180 pages.  Although the last third of the book was enjoyable, the first two-thirds was not.  It was slow and confusing (why was Arthur Dent so up to date with what was going on so quickly??).  I know I'm going to get a lot of flack from people since it's a "Great book" but I did not find it as funny and witty as most people I know find it.  Now I've seen parts of the movie (I fall asleep watching it) so I knew bits and pieces of the story, so maybe that didn't help.  BUT, like I said the last third of the book (when they got to Magrathea and I quite liked that mice ran the world and I LOVE Marvin) was enjoyable, so at some point I'll move on to "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe".

I've started a poll to choose the next book on the BBC list (since I can check this one off now) - so vote for what book I should read next. 





The poll is over here ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------->


No comments:

Post a Comment